I ran across this recipe and had to share it! Big props to PaleOMG for getting serious with these brownies.
I know! Sweet potatoes and brownies don’t sound very good together. But trust me, these are unbelievable.
Sweet Potato Brownies
- 1 sweet potato
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Time to bake that sweet potato. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees, use a fork to puncture holes all around it, then throw in the oven for 25-30 minutes. (I’m sure you could microwave it, but I like the ole fashioned way. I’m just so ole fashioned.)
- Once your sweet potato is soft and cooked through, peel off the skin and mash it up in a bowl. And turn your oven down to 350 degrees.
- Now add your wet ingredients: coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and whisked eggs to the bowl and mix together.
- Then add your dry ingredients: coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and chocolate chips.
- Mix well to incorporate all that goodness.
- Pour into an 8×8 glass baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let rest to cool a bit.