Last night was family game night, which used to mean taco night. But, ever since I started eating vegan, the normal taco recipe wasn’t an option. I wanted to create something that was flavorful enough for the boys to eat while still providing tons nutrition. I wheeled through the grocery store, grabbing ingredients that looked good. The results exceeded expectations! These burritos taste great and were ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 lb tempeh, cubed
- 1 cup C&W Ultimate Southwest Blend (black beans, corn, poblano chilis)
- 1 cup natural salsa, such as Green Mountain Gringo’s
- multigrain tortillas
- Diced tomato
- Sliced avocado
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt to taste
- Mix the Mango Salsa ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. When warm add the tempeh and cook until lightly browned.
- Add the Southwest Blend and salsa to the pan, and then reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer 10 minutes or until warmed through.
- Assemble burritos by placing lettuce on tortilla and then topping with tempeh mixture, salsa, and condiments.